Homepage

The society forum

Boar for rent

02/03/2015 - 9:06
Mark Miller
mark.miller@rolls-royce.com
Wiltshire

We have a 1 year old registered boar for rent. He has sired 3 litters so far and is a good reliable boy.

Replies to post

02/03/2015 - 18:58
adrian phillips
ade.phillips@virgin.net
Hampshire

Hi Mark,

We have just slaughtered 3 lop gilts at 28 weeks are are absolutely delighted with the results,we live in the depths of the New Forest so the “girls” had an idyllic time whilst they were with us in an acre of woodland.

In addition,we have 2 Hampshire Saddle Backs that we have bred from before (Saddle Back boar),the meat was really tasty albeit a bit too fatty,hence we thought we would try at crossing a Lop with our Saddlebacks.

I see you have a boar to rent and obviously would be interested,if you could let me know where you are in Wiltshire,if the lad is available pretty much now and what is the charge?

Regards,

Adrian

03/03/2015 - 10:34
Mark
mark.miller@rolls-royce.com
Wiltshire

Hi Adrian

Thanks for your response. Our boar is ready now and it would be interesting to see how the meat turns out with a Saddleback.

We live in Colerne, 7 miles east of Bath (SN14 8EF). I assume that you would want him for 2 months and that you can collect and return him? The price would be £50.

My number is 07917 543259 if you want to discuss more.

Kind regards Mark