Homepage

The society forum

Boars and Gilts for sale

19/06/2020 - 22:19
Giles Eustice
gileseustice@trevaskisfarm.co.uk
Cornwall

A selection of show quality boars and gilts for sale In pig gilts and maiden gilts Lines available - Actress, Thatcher, Excelsa Boars available - July 2019 born and ready to work on sows plus younger available Lines - Charles, Prince, Cornishman, Duke

Replies to post

29/06/2020 - 8:09
Robert Adock
robert@somegreenturf.co.uk
Somerset

Morning Giles
I trust you are well.
We are in the process of setting up a small outdoor pig rearing enterprise and believe that the British Lop will be ideal for our situation and potential customers.
A few questions:
a) How many Boars and Gilts have you available?
b) What sort of price range are they
c) Would it be possible to pop down and see them and potentially strike a deal!?
Many thanks
Stay Safe
Robert
07894 745324

30/06/2020 - 6:21
Giles Eustice
Cornwall

Robert - I tried to email you but it bounced back - details below

Great news that you have chosen the Lop for your needs. I am sure you will not be disappointed with the decision. Easy keeping pigs and a great finished product that gains many repeat sales. We produce and finish over 1000 per year all reared outdoor.

To answer your questions

a) How many Boars and Gilts have you available? We have around 3 or 4 gilts already tested in pig with another batch still running with the boar plus younger maiden gilts. Boars, there is a selection of 4/5 with more young boars coming through.
b) What sort of price range are they - maiden gilts £300 / in pig gilts are £350 to £450 and boars £350-£450
c) Would it be possible to pop down and see them and potentially strike a deal!? Let me know if interested and we can arrange a time.

All the best,
Giles

10/07/2020 - 16:24
Robert Adcock
somergreenturf@btconnect.com
Somerset

Hi Giles

Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully the above email should work better!

We are just finishing preparing our pens, equipment etc.
Once that’s completed we definitely like to come down and have a look with the idea of purchasing some stock.

Do you also sell weaners?

Warm regards
Stay Safe

Robert

04/08/2020 - 13:24
Robert Adcock
somergreenturf@btconnect.com
Somerset

Afternoon Giles

I trust you are well.

We have now finished preparing our pens, equipment etc. and would like to visit to see what stock you have available, discuss prices and hopefully arrange a date to pick them up!

Would Thursday 13 August or the morning of Friday 14 August be suitable?

Warm regards
Stay Safe

Robert
07894 745324

P.S.  What is the best contact details for you please?

04/08/2020 - 20:43
Giles Eustice
Cornwall

Thursday will suit me best - I will send an email with details of what is available -

A few in pig gilts left ...4 or 5

8 or so maidens coming through

a dozen boars to chose from of varying ages and lines.

All the best,
Giles