Homepage

The society forum

Sow or weaners

01/09/2018 - 16:13
Rob Rickard
rob.rickard@hotmail.co.uk
Bedfordshire

Hi, I'm looking to introduce some Lop onto our smallholding, either a breeding sow, in pig preferably, or some weaners we can bring on, is there anything available at present.

Replies to post

01/09/2018 - 19:07
Giles Eustice
gileseustice@trevaskisfarm.co.uk
Cornwall

Hi Rob,

Your best option would be our show and sale at the end of this week in Melton Mowbray as part of the rare breed sale event. It is a fantastic event and there will be up to 30 lops to choose from, in pig females and young maidens ready to go to the boar. There will also be boars on sale if you wanted to set up a pair of breeding pigs or so, alternatively there is A.I. available from Deer Park in Ireland.
If this does not suit let me know and we can try to locate some stock but if you can I would try not to miss the event at Melton.
Details on Melton found here - https://www.britishloppig.org.uk/news-and-events/view/are-you-ready-for-the-lop-sale-at-melton-mowbray

All the best,
Giles

01/09/2018 - 19:20
Rob
Bedfordshire

Hi Giles,
Thank you, I was planning to attend Melton anyway, I am looking forward to it.

01/09/2018 - 19:52
Giles
gileseustice@trevaskisfarm.co.uk
Cornwall

That is great Rob, shall look forward to seeing you there and help with any queries.

All the best,
Giles

04/09/2018 - 21:10
Rob
Bedfordshire

What days is the actual sale on rather than the show, or is it over both days, I’m going to struggle making both days so want to be present for the sales if possible.

04/09/2018 - 21:45
Giles
Gileseustice@trevaskisfarm.co.uk
Cornwall

Hi Rob

The sale is on the Saturday morning. Hope that works for you.

Cheers
Giles